Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Midnight Hour Genesis

About a year ago I was invited by an old friend, Mel Taylor, to come to Richmond, IN for a weekend of ministry at the church where he had just been called as worship minister (among other ministry responsibilities). Mel and his wife, Dawnette, moved there from Seattle-Kent area where they had ministered the previous 10 plus years. I presented a concert that weekend, during which I invited Mel and one of his co-workers, Aaron Roberts, to join me on a couple of songs. Well, as they say, the rest is history. By the beginning of 2007 we were discussing the possibility of doing a few dates together around Mel's ministry responsibilities, as well as Aaron's, and my solo ministry traveling schedule responsibilities. The result? Midnight Hour was launched.

Let me be clear, my primary focus is still the solo artist ministry God has entrusted to me. Folks have asked. But I must confess I'm really enjoying the comradery that appearing with the trio affords. More importantly though, I'm very grateful for the reunion with Mel, after our years of
traveling together as members of the Gospel Lads Quartet. Then there's the added blessing of becoming acquainted with Aaron Roberts, who just happens to be blessed and gifted with an exceptional tenor voice, not to mention being a fine stand-up man of God, husband, and father. God is blessing our collective efforts to exhalt Him!

In a subsequent post I will share the reason I agreed to form Midnight Hour after having declined even to consider numerous other invitations to join groups over the past 15 years or so. Meanwhile, I am always amazed how God uses folks like us (you and me) to carry out His purposes. My increasing years only confirm what I was taught at a young age. . . God is far more interested in my availability than in my ability. And that goes for you as well. So, until next time, stay in His care.
David

No comments: